Active holiday in South Tyrol – Wipptal Valley
Hiking is more than a simple form of locomotion. Hiking is culture, relaxation and sociability. Our farm is the ideal point of departure for a lot of hiking tours of different levels. In addition to this beautiful leisure activity depending on the season there is much more that you can do.
Spring holidays in the Wipptal Valley – South Tyrol
Our region is one of the most snow guaranteeing area in South Tyrol. That is why it is possible to ski in the mountains even in spring. After Easter the ski areas close celebrating a big farewell party.
- During a bike or hiking tour it will be possible to find the first delicate blossoms on the fruit trees.
- Connoisseurs can find a variety of local specialties throughout the country, e.g. “Eisacktaler Kost” (typical dishes of the Isarco Valley)
- All the State Museums open their gates at the beginning of April.
- The surrounding mountain passes invite you to an amazing motorcycle tour.
Summer holidays in the Wipptal Valley – South Tyrol
- The South Tyrolean part of the Way of St. James is a contemplative alternative to the pilgrim trades. Following the way from the Pusteria Valley to the Isarco Valley up to the Brennerpass, the Zingerlehof is situated directly next to the important pilgrimage church of Maria Trens.
- Nordic-Walking-Parcours in Sterzing on the Rosskopf, in Ratschings and in the Ridnaun Valley as well as in Wiesen and Mauls are very easily to reach. You can practice with your poles on different trails directly from the Zingerlehof.
- In Gossensass there is a high rope challenge course which guarantees fun for young and old offering all levels of difficulty.
- The alpine terrain offers a wide range of hiking tours, e.g. summit hikes to the Telfer Weisen, Sieben-Seen-Tour, Pflerscher Höhenweg, Wilde Kreuzspitze.
- In the immediate vicinity there are a great number of water monuments: the Gilfenklamm gorge, Europe’s only one white marble gorge, the Burkhardsklamm gorge, the waterfall in the Pfitschtal Valley, the Achenreinschlucht canyon and the waterfall “Pflerscher Hölle” next to Gossensass.
- Leverage your health using the Kneipp facility in Wiesen. Regarding Kneipp this treatment combats cardiovascular problems, orthopedic diseases as well as autonomic disorders.
- The mini golf course in Wiesen offers fun for big and small.
- The golf course of the golf club Sterzing is situated in the basin of Sterzing and is surrounded by medieval castles, meadows of flowers and spruce forests.
- The beautiful alluvial land along the river meanders offers an unforgettable rafting experience on the Isarco River.
Autumn holidays in the Isarco Valley – South Tyrol
- Törggelen in the Isarco Valley: Chestnut time is “Törggelen time”. In October and in November people taste the new wine and eat chestnuts especially in the Isarco Valley. There is a 60 km long so called “Keschtnweg” (chestnut trail) through the Valley, where it is possible to find several wine taverns which offer typical specialties.
- The “Apfel Wochen” (apple weeks) in Natz-Schabs offer particular apple specialties.
- The mining area in Ridnaun- Schneeberg is one of the highest mines in Europe. Since 1000 years silver, lead and zinc had been mined. Today a miner’s museum shows how the miners lived.
Winter holidays in the Wipptal Valley – South Tyrol
- Our farm lies between three skiing areas: Rosskopf (5km), Ratschings (15km) and Ladurns (15km). Fun on the ski slopes is guaranteed for young and old.
- On the Rosskopf you find the longest natural toboggan run of Italy. You can reach it easily with the cable car. After a snack at the hut just get on your toboggan and whiz down the run.
- In several surrounding villages you will find a lot of ice skating rinks, in Sterzing even an indoor one.
- Ice climbing is possible on several waterfalls of the region. It is advisable to book a guide with experience.
- Enjoy practicing cross-country skiing on numerous ski tracks in Ridnaun (10 km), Ratschings (15 km) and Pfitsch (15 km).
- The Wipptal Valley is known as South Tyrol’s ski-touring Eldorado. On numerous routes you can reach several peaks. Because of the increasing popularity of snowshoeing you will also find a wide range of appropriate paths. Check your equipment and be sure to have information about the weather. Be aware of the avalanche risk, so never go alone. If you do not have any experience, book a guide. It will be worthwhile!
Sport events in the Isarco Valley
In every season the region organizes sport events on international level:
- Transalpchallenge: the longest and most difficult mountain bike race of the world, which stops in Sterzing.
- The “Giro d’Italia” leads over South Tyrol’s passes. It is possible to cheer the world’s best racing bikers.
- In Wiesen an international horse jumping competition takes place, where horse-lovers from near and far come together.
- A must is the international city run through Sterzing’s old town in summer.
- The new opened biathlon center in Ridnaun is the venue of different international tournaments.